Re: How big are your widgets ...

Michael Meeks <michael@helixcode.com> writes:

> Hi Maciej,
>
> 	I don't disagree with the purpose of creating the repository BTW,
> it's just that I don't see 'There exist big widgets' as a good argument
> for it. I think gnome-calculator should be a control; perhaps gtk-clock
> and we should expose them only in that way. It clearly doesn't make sense
> to make every widget a control.

Michael,

The purpose is not for "big widgets" per se, but simply for widgets
that for any reason at all are not appropriate for gtk or
gnome-libs. I don't think that bonobo is the best solution for all of
these, but it is possible. We should determine the requirements and
then figure out if Bonobo can meet them. Still waiting on our sysadmin
to create that list, but it should be available RSN...

 - Maciej