Re: new Desktop::Editor

>>>>> "Tomy" == thudson  <thudson@cygnus.com> writes:

Tomy> This also allows creating specialized views for the editor, for
Tomy> example, DebugView for an ide. This specialized view would
Tomy> include additional functionality for displaying breakpoints and
Tomy> execution lines.

There's a DebuggerViewer interface, derived from Desktop::TextViewer,
in gnome-debug.

Tomy> I would also like to see something like callbacks for text
Tomy> changes in the buffer. If you have a source browser and source
Tomy> browser view, you want to update your tags and view as new
Tomy> lexical elements are added.

I'm personally partial to a loose coupling, via an event system,
instead of a tight coupling via callbacks.  I'm curious to know if
anybody has reasons (other than feelings) to choose one over the
other.  Reasons based on actual experience, for instance.

Tom