About object activation.

Miguel de Icaza writes:

 > 	 3. Object Properties.  Besides the classification of objects
 >             by categories, we might want to request object to have
 >             certain attributes "footprint < 2megs".  Although this is
 >             more of a wish item.

    As long as we can answer questions like "Does it support
printing?" by checking for supported interfaces.  If we can't answer
all such questions with the supported interfaces list, this really
isn't wishlist.

 >     or we can have goad_object_activate talk to all available
 > name-servers and figure out where "goad_id" lives and activate itself?

    If you do it this way, do it in-order.  That is, first check the X
server, then the user server, then the system server.  Maybe this is
obvious:-)

Nat