questions

hi

Well, i just finished the first part of my bonobo/corba doc so i now have
time to get back onto bonobo stuff. BTW:
online html: http://www.stud.enst.fr/~lacage/linux/corba/book1.html
html: http://www.stud.enst.fr/~lacage/linux/corba/corba-html.tar.gz
ps: http://www.stud.enst.fr/~lacage/linux/corba/corba.ps.gz
sgml docbook: http://www.stud.enst.fr/~lacage/linux/corba/corba-sgml.tar.gz

1) i noticed that the GNOME::UIHandler::menu_remove's signature is not
consistent with the rest of the api: it will throw an exception in case the
menu item to remove does not exists while other functions in the api will
return a boolean to do so.

2) I wonder what these factory things are really usefull at. What they do
could be implemented by having different excutables . For exemple, we could
have a view-create executable and a embeddable executable. The embeddable
will create the view-frames upon demand and the view the views upon demand...
This may be a little complex i realize ...
But: if it seems a good thing to me for the view and view-frame objects to
have factories, why should an embeddable have one ? it just needs to create
an object each time it is called. Well, i feel i don't understand this
much... Will look at bonobo code more closely. However, if anyone is willig
to explain this factoty stuff to me ?

3) If i am not worng the view_frame api is not exported to the user ? The
user just know of the view and embeddable objects ? (user... not really: i
mean simple application developper)

4) Why do we have such functions as get_ui_handler or other ? why don't we
only use the query_interface function ?

Well, that's all for now. we'll see later

Mathieu