Re: 'The Global xref table' ...

[snip]
>  	So... [ I'm teaching you to suck eggs here but the list is
>  listening :], since this may well be a common problem with Bonoboizing
>  various bits my solution is for now just to whack a g_mutex_lock/unlock
>  around any PDF opening / rendering I'm doing [ at least until someone
>  gives me an SMP box :-]. This will be done on a per component basis (
>  since I'm fairly sure they are individualy re-enterant ), and all
>  locking will be contained within methods since it not only kills any
>  chance of deadlock but makes sense.
>
>  	Does that sound at all sensible ?

As a long term solution, I think it is better to bite the bullet and
go through xpdf to make it use context-type structures instead of
global variables.  This will also make the code easier to reuse in
other projects.

[I had to do this for the Midnight Commander and its file operation
contexts; the hacks required to make it work with global variables
were getting just too awful.]

  Federico