Re: Why gnome apps should offer both guile and Corba.

> I think that there is still room for having an extension language
> built into the gnome apps though.

Oh, yes of course.

Aisleriot for instance is using guile as the language to define games;
Once we release the first beta of the desktop, I will personally
concentrate on applications, and I am going to use a scripting
language as well (the bindings exported to the scripting language
*could* be the same as those exported trough corba, but may not,
different apps will have different needs).

> What if an end user/developer wants to add another menu
> options to convert all tabs to spaces or something?  Can
> the description of Corba below allow this?  I don't think
> so, if I'm wrong please correct me.

Sure, applications would export a "Add-to-menu" method.

Cheers,
Miguel.