Re: ORBit development

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Eric Blood wrote:

> I'm interested in working on ORBit and was wondering about its current
> state.

I think Dick has most of the ORB core stuff stubbed out; I'm currently
working on the IIOP layer (which *supposedly* sends Request messages, and
that's about all for now). I'm going to be working heavily on ORBit in
the next while

> Since I can't access the source via the anon CVS (because it appears to
> still be down) I would like to know if there are snapshots anywhere?

Not currently. If you want CVS access, that can be arranged.

> Also, is this the place to offer my services, or should I contact
> someone directly?

orbit-list@cuc.edu is "the" list right now for ORBit.

Although gnome-components-list is definitely relevant, it also includes
discussion of the GNOME component architecture etc., so I'd prefer to use
the orbit-list for actual ORBit development. Subscribe via
	mail -s subscribe orbit-list-request@cuc.edu

Hope this helps,
-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
	...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
	   plane he was flying.