Re: ORBit (was Re: * mico)

J. Patrick Narkinsky wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, having come in late on the game, why was Mico
> preferred over omniOrb?  It seems like omniOrb is a more mature
> environment and definitely more oriented towards real production use.
>
> Patrick

Mico was preferred because it supports more corba features that we need.
Corba standards that mico provides that omniorb doesn't include:
	Dynamic Invocation Interface
	Dynamic Skeleton Interface
	Interface Repository
	All the BOA activation modes, + a library activation mode
	Implementation repository
	Event service

The two orbs interoperate well though, so there's no reason you couldn't
use omniorb to talk to the rest of gnome.

Cheers,

Phil.
 Phil Dawes                               |   My opinions are my own
 WWW:    err.. temporarily non-existant   |   and nothing to do with
 Email:  philipd@parallax.co.uk           |      my employer.