CORBA::MICO v0.1 - MICO module for Perl

I've put an early release of a MICO module for Perl at

  http://www.msc.cornell.edu/~otaylor/CORBA/CORBA-MICO-0.1.tar.gz

I've also uploaded it to CPAN, so within a day or so, it should
be available in the directory:

  http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/OTAYLOR/

or at your local CPAN mirror.

===============

Overview
========

CORBA::MICO is meant to be a light-weight, simple approach to joining
CORBA to Perl. Once you have MICO installed, it builds as a normal
Perl module. A noteable feature is that it completely dynamic and
loads its interface definitions directly from the Interface Repository
for both clients and servers. There is no stubber.

Status
======

v0.1 is an alpha release, intended only for the adventurous.

Many things work:

  - Basic client and server side functionality
  - Unions, structures, sequences, and enumerations
  - Exceptions
  - Anys
  - etc.

Many things don't yet:

  - Arrays
  - Constants
  - Activation modes other than persistant
  - etc.

Everything in CORBA::MICO is subect to change without notice,
including the name.

At the present time, CORBA::MICO is not meant to replace my Perl
runtime for ILU. The language mapping is quite similar between
the two, and I expect to update ILU/Perl to follow the changes I've
made in MICO.

 ILU/Perl:

 - Is slightly faster.
 - Has a smaller memory footprint.
 - Is more complete at, right now.
 - Has all the features of ILU, including threading as soon as threading
   is ready for Perl.

 CORBA::MICO:

 - Is simpler to install and use.
 - Is closer to standard CORBA.
 - Will eventually have all the features of MICO, such as different
   activation modes.

                                        Owen Taylor
					97/2/20