Re: getting started

> If we design our services to be generic, then the implementations will
> (hopefully) be interchangeable.  If we design our services by
> exporting the capability of an existing application, then we are
> (potentially) limited to a single implementation.
>
> I think this is an important distinction.

I think you are absolutely right, I will in the future make obvious
the distinction when I talk about this.

For example, I want to keep using Emacs RMAIL for reading my mail, so
both Emacs RMAIL and Balsa would implement a GnomeMailer interface and
my mailing facilities will still be integreated with the rest of the
desktop.

best wishes,
Miguel.