Re: getting started

> In fact, I've found the biggest problem in trying to learn about this
> stuff is: "OK, I know how to write Hello World.  What's a useful
> design pattern for a desktop app?"

This is a good question.

CORBA in the gnome desktop will be used in a couple of places:

	- In the Baboon document model.

	  Baboon are a set of evolving CORBA interfaces for doing
	  OLE2-like compound documents.  These will be used in
	  container applications and embeddable applications.

	- Automation facilities:  You export the API to your
	  application and let other application remotely invoke your
	  application to request services.

	- General RPC mechanism (Gnothello/Panel are examples of
	  this).

The baboon module on CVS includes a name service and a library to
launch services on demand.  It needs some minor tweaking though

best wishes,
Miguel.