getting started

Hi,

About Monday I am hoping to start CORBA-izing Guppi (or at least
attempting to do so). Problem is I have minimal clue what that might
involve.:-) Tomorrow morning I am going to the bookstore to look for
relevant books.

Does anyone have suggestions on what to do/read? Specs? What books did you
learn from? Source code?

A concrete question: is CORBA something well-standardized like C, such
that any book will do, or does it have significant ORB-specific aspects?

Thanks for any tips,
Havoc