Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

Sven wrote:

> (* about Baboon and KOM interoperability... *)
>
> what has it to do with the -graphic- toolkit, the way apps speak to each others should be totally independent from the way they draw things to the screen, soe gtk/qt problem should have nothing to do with the choice of it.
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven LUTHER

Yes, but if you're talking about gui control imbedding then gui toolkits
do come into it. (e.g. imbedding emacs into an IDE because it's your
favourate editor).

Since both toolkits are built on X then we may be able to work around
this anyway - Owen Taylor did a bit of code for gtk a while ago which
let you imbed an X window into a gtk window (I think).

Cheers,

Phil.

 Phil Dawes                               |   My opinions are my own
 WWW:    err.. temporarily non-existant   |   and nothing to do with
 Email:  philipd@parallax.co.uk           |      my employer.