Re: Some of this, some of that, Idea's really.
- From: Christian Scholz <ruebe aachen heimat de>
- To: otaylor gtk org (Owen Taylor)
- Cc: gnome-components-list gnome org, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Some of this, some of that, Idea's really.
- Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 20:25:12 +0200 (CEST)
> > So what's needed is a standard API with which apps can tell the system
> > which functions they understand and also which parameters are accepted
> > for each of them.
> > Maybe there should also be one common set of functions to call like
> > QUIT, HELP, etc.
> Hmmm. that sort of rings a bell... Doesn't that "CORBA" thing
> do something like that? ;-)
> Interprocess, lanuage independent stubs is what CORBA is all
> The second part of what you describe is basically the CORBA
> Interface Repository (IR). There would presumably be a common
> Gnome App interface, and applications could also have additional
> domain specific interfaces.
Sorry, didn't had time to look at CORBA yet.
I just hope that to to implement it in your app and to use it via
another language is not too complicated otherwise I think this
will not work ;-)
-- mr topf
] [Thread Prev