Deleted screen never reappears in GCM device panel

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 18:58:14 UTC 2010

On 16 October 2010 11:05, Vivien Perez <vivien.perez at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've have recently accidentally deleted the line concerning my screen in GCM
> device panel. I haven't found a way to get it back in, since when I try to
> add a device, the pop-up menu only proposes to add scanners, printers or
> cameras.

How did you delete the screen? It shouldn't let you delete "connected"
devices. By just starting the GCM control panel it should "re-add"
devices as required. I'm a bit confused why GCM seems to have got
confused. Are you using the binary NVIDIA driver per-chance?

> I have uninstalled and reinstalled GCM, but still no screen, and I didn't
> find any option in GConf that could fix this.

The config is in device-profiles.conf in your home directory.

Richard