Multiple profiles for a single screen

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Sun Nov 28 09:59:42 UTC 2010

Richard Hughes píše v Ne 28. 11. 2010 v 09:11 +0000:
> > Due to lack of support for communication of the display modes to X.org,
> > GCM gets not informed on change.
>
> Does the EDID change?

Probably not - I used `gcm-dump-edid -v` with nouveau for all of the
modes (they usually differ in WP, brightness, gamut). The files are
attached.

> > Would it be possible to add a user-defined text to the ICC profile name
> > (both filename and metadata) to avoid overwriting of profiles?
>
> Ideally, we would detect the edid changing and use something from that
> to key the value. I'm not super keen on asking the user for a
> description, but better ideas welcome.

How about keeping the predefined string for profile name and adding the
custom user string only when the user wants so? Possibly trigger the
extra question via gconf option?

Milan