CM via GCM AND different apps?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 18:35:38 UTC 2010

On 1 November 2010 17:33, Nikita Sagl <nikita.s at gmx.at> wrote:
> Now: When i have already activated CM for my Desktop using "Gnome color
> manager", is it then necessary to activate CM in scribus, gimp,
> digikam,... or is it contraproductive, because it would do a second
> color correction on the already corrected graphiccard-output, giving me
> wrong colors in the end?

gnome-color-manager sets an atom in X, which the applications use to
convert to the monitor profile. It's safe to enable (and a good thing
to do) the color management options in those applications.

Long term, I want those applications to talk to GNOME Color Manager
via DBus and get the parameters automatically.

Richard.