Conceptual questions

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 18:23:19 UTC 2010

On 1 July 2010 19:00, Florian Höch <lists+gnome-color-manager at hoech.org> wrote:
> I think is missing for softproofing is a checkbox "Simulate media (paper)
> color" which when checked (which would be a good default), means absolute
> colorimetric intent should be used, otherwise relative colorimetric

Isn't that a per-application thing, rather than a per-session thing?
By "softproof" GCM indicates the proofing mode to use when doing
things like print preview. In a print preview aka "softproof" you
already know the device you are targeting and the ICC profiles
available.

I also think it's useful to talk in terms of use-cases, rather than
presenting lots of tickyboxes in preferences panels. I've got enough
feedback (of the negative kind :-) from my boss about the number of UI
elements we expose already. Maybe if we all refer to the three people
here http://live.gnome.org/GnomeColorManager#Typical_Users we can all
work towards further use-cases and application notes.

I do think this is a really important discussion and am really pleased
you're onboard. Thanks.

Richard.