Conceptual questions

Florian Höch lists+gnome-color-manager at hoech.org
Thu Jul 1 18:00:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a few conceptual questions. Currently GCM has preferences for RGB
and CMYK working space, and "display" and "softproof" rendering intent.
But what I think is missing for softproofing is a checkbox "Simulate
media (paper) color" which when checked (which would be a good default),
means absolute colorimetric intent should be used, otherwise relative
colorimetric (_without_ black point compensation). Is my current
understanding of the GCM UI intentions correct as follows:

Image -> "display" intent in GCM -> device (for non-softproofing)

Image -> "softproof" intent in GCM -> softproof colorspace (is there a
way in GCM to choose a default for this?) -> relative without bpc or
abscol (it is not clear to me which is used/assumed by GCM by default,
I'd think abscol?) -> device

Regards,
--
Florian Höch