Bug #605259: Colorimeter name in profile description

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:43:31 UTC 2010

On 16 February 2010 12:29, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn at pcode.nl> wrote:
> # color calibration device
> ENV{COLOR_MEASUREMENT_DEVICE}=="*?", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1",
> IMPORT{program}="/lib/udev/usb-db %p"

Hmm, I don't think you need to include the full path this.

> Does this need to be in a particular place in 55-Argyll.rules? I
> attached the full file.
>
> After making the above change, I rebooted my system, and ran the
> udevadm monitor while plugging in the Huey. The results are attached.

Good, so ID_VENDOR_FROM_DATABASE is being set, but it looks like
ID_MODEL_FROM_DATABASE isn't -- do you have an up to date usb.ids? I
assume this is a Huey:

0971  Gretag-Macbeth AG
	2005  Huey

If it's not a Huey, then we have a problem, and we need to add an
entry to usb.ids. See http://www.linux-usb.org/usb-ids.html if this is
the case.

Richard.