Ubuntu on Vancouver Island

Hello all and apologies for the cross posting,

I spoke today with Project Literacy Victoria and the women there
pointed me to South Island Learning Community, a federal gov't funded
project to help communities with techology, primarily First Nations.
What I learned is that SILC is completely committed to Open Source and
is going to be deploying Ubuntu on a large scale. They have just
started up, so this should be interesting to watch.

More information here:
http://silc.ca/

Cheers,

Corey Burger