Re: Keeping user docs up-to-date with applications

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 19:19 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 11:02 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote, on d-d-l:
> [snip]
> > (A few still don't even
> > have docs components, despite my constant pestering.)
> [snip]
>
> Surely, a single clever SQL command could take care of this for all
> products in bugzilla?

Well, it wouldn't be a trivial query, since they don't all
used the component name "docs".  My most recent pestering
shows which components each product has:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2006-February/msg00007.html

NOTE: Quite a few of the modules listed have since
added docs components, but not all of them.

So we have "Documentation", "documentation", and "User
Documentation".  Doing the equivalent of "grep -i 'doc*'"
would probably produce false positives, I think.

Since this has now gone over to bugsquad, maybe some
eager bugzilla hacker could whip up one of those fancy
report pages for things the documentation team cares
about.  My only concern is that it would quickly get
out-of-date.  �er-cool would be to get the list of
products and components from the data in the stats
pages that Danilo and I will soon make shine.

--
Shaun