Re: dbus rqmts for gnome-screensaver ?

Rod Butcher wrote:
I'm trying to run gnome-screensaver (cvs head version) and I get :-
(gnome-screensaver:5578): gnome-screensaver-WARNING **: couldn't connect
to session bus: Unable to determine the address of the message bus

(gnome-screensaver:5578): gnome-screensaver-WARNING **: failed to
register with the message bus

and the screensaver doesn't appear to run.

I believe I have both the system and session dbus-daemon running - using
the stock Mandrake rpms.
Can somebody give me a pointer to rqmts for running gnome-screensaver ?
I've read and digested the dbus documentation as far as I'm able, but
I'm not a developer. Does this mean that Gnome is switching from bonobo / corba to dbus ?
thanks
Rod

are you running a separate session?  the environment for
gnome-screensaver must have the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS set.  If you
are running gnome in a jhbuild session, then you need a "dbus-launch
gnome-session" in your ~/.xinitrc