Re: bugzilla stock responses

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 02:24:50PM +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> by using some of the new integrated stock responses in bugzilla (e.g.
> bad_stacktrace), a report is automatically set to 'needinfo' status.
>
> imo, we should also add a sentence like 'setting to NEEDINFO, please
> REOPEN when providing more information' to the stock response.
> i've seen many reports where a reporter, providing the requested
> information, did not reopen the bug because he simply was not told to,
> and so the report was forgotten and not looked at anymore.

The idea that I had is to default to 'Reopen bug' when the reporter
looks at the bug. I couldn't do this before as Bugzilla always allowed
you to make a comment when not logged in.
I changed bugzilla.gnome.org that you have to login first. Now I can
automatically set it to 'Reopen bug'.

Persons other than the reporter won't have 'Reopen bug' (not enough
priviledges). Perhaps for those the NEEDINFO Bugzilla Tip can be
extended (this will only appear for persons without editbugs or when
you are the reporter).

--
Regards,
Olav