Re: [gnome-love] Bugs with patch set as priority High

Hi,

On 7/9/05, Thierry Moisan <thierryn videotron ca> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am sometimes triaging bugs on gome bugzilla and there's something
> that, I think, could be done automatically. In the triaging guide,
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/triage/steps.html , at
> point 7 it is said "please set Priority=High to increase the visibility
> of the bug and encourage maintainers to review the patch." So I tough
> that maybe someone could write a script that would change Priority=High
> everytime that the first patch of a bug is added. It would save a lot of
> triaging time. Thanks.Script

If someone wants to write a simple patch that removes the section of
the triage guide on patches altogether and renumber the sections
appropriately, it'd be a great way to get practice writing a patch.
(The reason that section of the guide existed was there used to be no
way to search on patches so we tried to get triagers to add the PATCH
keyword and set the priority to high; neither of these things are
needed anymore since maintainers can just go to
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/reports.cgi#maintainers.  Further
side track: That reports.cgi page, in the bugzilla-new module of cvs,
should have "unreviewed" removed since its for all kinds of patches
and not just unreviewed ones.  There's another simple patch someone
can make and submit).   The triage guide is in the web-devel-2 module,
under the content/projects/bugsquad/triage/ directory.

Thanks,
Elijah