Re: Bugzilla statistics

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 22:11:08 -0600, Matt T. Proud <khanreaper nerp net> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, are there any rankings concerning counts of
> individuals who submitted the most number of bugs?

Currently, no, we don't have any queries to produce any such
information.  That would be interesting.  If I had to try to take a
guess, I'd say that Christian Rose would appear pretty high on that
list (he's always pointing out problems with strings because of his
work with the GTP).

> Moreover, out of that, are there any chronic duplicate bug submitters? ;-)

I know there are some people who have submitted many duplicates (one
guy submitted a couple dozen dupes of 94625 himeself; though, to be
fair, no one got a chance to warn him to stop submitting more because
this was during the period that bug-buddy reports had a problem and
were being queued instead of added to bugzilla).  I think a more
interesting question would be how can we make it easier to avoid
submitting duplicates?  I have two possible answers: (1) Use data from
a report like http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/recent-mostfrequent.cgi
instead of our current never-up-to-date method of getting bugs to
appear in the bug-buddy list that bug reporters are shown, and (2) Get
some kind of simple-query.cgi page.  Right now query.cgi takes a
ridiculously huge amount of time to appear, which alone would be
enough to turn many people off...