Re: Boogle is not working properly...

On 12/30/05, Nelson Benítez <gnel cenobioracing com> wrote:
> First, don't bother to respond quickly, you've time till next year! :).
>
> The "Short Bug Search Form" seems like not working well, I was just
> trying to locate bug[1] "Red-eye removal tool" of gthumb product, with
> following results:
>
> "red product:gthumb" -> Zarro bugs
> "red-eye product:gthumb" -> Zarro bugs
> "red\-eye product:gthumb" -> Zarro bugs
> "removal product:gthumb" -> Bug found
> "remo product:gthumb" -> Zarro bugs
>
> Seems like it only matches on the whole word, and not even that in case
> of "red-eye" as I presume it doesn't like the '-', but it also fails if
> I escape the '-'.

I should probably mention somewhere in the documentation that all caveats at
listed at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/fulltext-search.html
apply (e.g. mysql tries to break up words at boundaries, meaning that
'red-eye' is treated as 'red' and 'eye'; and mysql ignores any word
less than four letters long)