Re: Bugzilla down for software upgrade on Sun 18 Dec 09.00 UTC

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 06:48:02PM +0100, Nelson Benítez wrote:
> Firstly, thank you to Olav et all who have given us a modern bugzilla
> for christmas present :). I've noted the following while testing it:
>
> Olav Vitters escribió:
> > * Ability to automatically cc yourself on bugs you change. This is a
> >   preference (can be changed under 'Account').
>
> The checkbox correctly doesn't appear if you are already in the cc list,
> however, the checkbox appears if you are the reporter but not in the cc
> list, so when you add a comment to your own bug you're added to the cc
> list, this could lead to two identical emails (reporter + cc list) sent
> to you whenever a change happens in the bug. So I think we don't want to

You would only get one email in that case.

> show the checkbox when a reporter views his bug.

I changed it now... you will not get the checkbox if you are the
reporter.

Background info:
This was considered a feature in upstream Bugzilla. Allows someone to
disable the emails when they are the reporter. Then that person could
add themselves manually to the CC list for the bugs they would want to
receive bugmail. This can used as a workaround if you reported a few
crashers which receive loads of duplicates.

Within a few months I hope to add a bugmail preference whether people
want to receive duplicate notifications. So this feature wouldn't be
needed anymore anyway.

--
Regards,
Olav