Re: sorry i ask maybe something stupid here !

Serban,

   I have had little success with garnome on Gentoo linux; depending on
your distribution, you may have different results.  If everything did
in fact compile fine, then it might be a path issue or such.

try jhbuild.  Instructions for doing so are located at:

http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/jhbuild

I have had more luck with jhbuild on gentoo.  There are also some other
resources for problems occurring with jhbuild here:

 * http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildDependencies
 * http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildIssues

Also, if you are more specific about the error you are seeing when
running startx, and the contents of your .xinitrc then someone may be
able to help you.

Thanks,
  Brent

Serban Nicolae wrote:
Hy i'm tring to try the gnome 2.11 and i get the garnome BUT no works for me !

for example i cd in ~/garnome-2.11.91/desktop and i run command ,,make paranoid-install'' i write the script from README i put to execute them in .xintrc but when i try to run startx ! :((( failure !!! don't find gnome-session !!!! :((((

PLs it is another method i can obtaine gnome 2.11 ??? another than garnome !

Thank you and i hope i don't disturb you so much ! :)