Re: bug triage confirmation

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:25:01 -0600, Caleb Groom <caleb calebgroom com> wrote:
> I've got a few bugs that I'd like to triage and wanted to get
> confirmation first, just so I don't miss a step.
>
> I didn't find anybody in IRC so I'm posting here.
>
> Bug 157642:
>   - Resolve, INCOMPLETE

Judgement call, but I'd mark as needinfo using the
needs-debugging-symbols stock response from
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/triage/stock-responses.html

>   - The user is not in bugzilla.

The user doesn't have an account with bugzilla but we can still reach
them.  Look near the bottom of the report where it says
   "The original reporter of this bug does not have
   an account here. Reassigning to the person who moved
   it here, unknown bugzilla gnome org
   Previous reporter was altamir emc ufsc br "

Any change you make to the bug will get emailed to that altamir      address

>   - The stack trace does not include debugging info.
>   - I cannot find a dup.
>   - The user doesn't tell us how to recreate the crash.

Yup.  The choice between needinfo and incomplete is often pretty
murky.  This is one of those.  I tend to go with needinfo in most
cases merely because I'm pretty thorough at revisiting bugs I've
marked as needinfo more than a month ago and I just close them out if
the reporter hasn't responded (well, sometimes I wait longer depending
on the circumstances, but I use a month as a general rule of thumb).
But others in the bugsquad probably err more on the side of
incomplete.  *shrug*  As long as you add yourself to the cc in case
they do add more information so that you can reopen it, both are
probably fine here.

> Bug 138469:
>   - Change status to NEW.
>   - User has provided a good stack trace that contains debugging
> symbols.
>   - I did not find a dup.
>   - I'll change the priority to High, Severity to critical since its a
> crasher
>   - I'll add myself to the CC

Yes.

> Bug 157693:
>   - Resolve, INCOMPLETE
>   - The user is not in bugzilla.

Same as above--they're still reachable.

>   - The stack trace does not include debugging info.
>   - I cannot find a dup.
>   - The user doesn't tell us how to recreate the crash.

Also a toss-up between needinfo and incomplete.  Feel free to make
your own call, but go ahead and add yourself to the cc list and be
sure to use one of the stock responses (or something similar) to
explain to the reporter why you are marking the bug the way you are.
It may also be useful to ask the reporter if it still happens with a
recent version of Gnome.

> Still getting the feel of this.  :)

Looks like you're doing very well.  (I may be verbose, but really my
comments are just nit-picks).  Thanks for helping!

Elijah