Re: Module-specific patch procedures?

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 16:31, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
<snip>
> For that matter, I hadn't realised it was a good idea to put
> backtraces into the main body of the bug. I assiduously was
> putting them all into attachments until I got bugmail and found
> that someone else was pasting them back into the main body.
> If there are different ideas about this from module to module,
> that would also be nice to know.

The reason we paste them inline is more a bugsquad than a maintainer
thing (thus it's uniform across all modules).  We do it so that the
simple-dup-finder (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/simple-dup-finder.cgi) can
find the backtraces and help us easily identify duplicates.  If the
stack trace is long, however, it may be a good idea to attach it and
then also just paste the most relevant part into the bug (to find out
the most relevant part, first paste the stack trace into the
simple-dup-finder and see which five functions it picks out...then add a
couple more around those five in each direction for good measure).

/me thinks that this also probably belongs somewhere on the triage
guide, but isn't exactly sure where to put it.

Elijah