gnome runs in snail speed if default gateway for network defined (since kernel 2.6.0)

Hi.
Don't know whether this list or the kernel list will be the right one.
This is my problem:
Gnome 2.4 works fine on my debian sid/sarge system (Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E7110). With kernel 2.4.20 all works great. Now I installed and compiled a 2.6.0 kernel. There is now the problem. If I start gnome with no network device switched on is runs as always seen under 2.4.20. But if I ifconfig up one device and set an default route to my gateway gnome slows down to snail speed. If I start gnome is needs > 30min to start. If I setup gateway while running gnome it seems alls things work but with time lacks where nothing happens of about 2 or 3 minutes. if I turn off all net devices gnome runs normally again. I only get this problem with 2.6.0 kernel.

regards

B.Henne