Re: third bug suggestions - 13377

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 14:08, Heather Flanagan wrote:
> You know, there a fair bit of documentation on how to handle a bug that
> results in a crash, but not much in the way of dealing with a bug that
> is merely annoying, or even just a feature request.  A suggestion for
> some other time.
>
> And be that as it may for now, looking at this latest example of
> bug-ness, the gent isn't reporting a crash, just an annoying "feature".
>   Priority and severity are where they should be.  I'd probably add the
> keyword "usability", then mark it as either assign or reassign -
> thoughts on that?

>From dealing with a few of those bugs on Thursday, here's what I know,
the "annoying-feature" bugs usually involve:
1) looking for duplicates (like, someone's made this complaint, or
there's a reason why the feature is there)
2) if appropriate, cc'ing to usability-maint bugzilla gnome org
3) if appropriate, severity == enhancement
4) if appropriate, move to GNOMEVER2.5x
5) repeat, lather, rinse :)

Feel free to amend/add to the suggestions above.

Eunice