Re: Moving Evolution bugs to gnome.

Hi Gerardo,

I'm not the best qualified to talk about this, and perhaps you
have already thought about the details, but here's a couple of
ideas anyway. I'm sure that people who have been through the
Nautilus bug migration have a much better idea of the pitfalls to
watch out for.

Gerardo Marin wrote:
> We really want to have this accomplished in the best way for GNOME, so
> we need your feedback on GNOME needs for migration. Please let us know
> any requirements for the export/import process and the best date for
> doing it as well as any other activity on our side to make this happen.

The key concern is of course not over-writing existing GNOME
bugzilla information, and keeping coherency in Ximian data where
possible (bug Xrefs and things like that).

Are there any bits in Ximian bugzilla which aren't present in
GNOME's that we should know about (attachment statuses,
priorities, severities, etc)? Perhaps we should specify a mapping
for Ximian versions of these to GNOME versions.

Is it feasible to simply offset all the bugs in your database by
(say) 170000 and do that operation pre-migration, taking into
account all the long_descs?

If so, I think just dumping the mysql database will be good
enough to have the data imported.

But then, as I said right up front, I'm not that qualified to
talk about this :) I'd better let someone else comment.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary,