Re: Random TODO list

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 09:35 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > MAINTAINER section
> > I already added a maintainer section on front page of
> > bugzilla.gnome.org.  But is there anything else that should go there?
>
> This is very cool. Feel free to add a link to it from the release team's
> for_maintainers page. And if you know of a better place for that page then
> that's good too.

I can do that.  I can also reference the release team for_maintainers
page from the bugsquad for_maintainers page in order to raise the
profile of both.  Would you like me to do anything else suggested in
some recent email(s) sent to the release team and a few others, i.e.:

[quoting Mark:]
So, people are starting to do the post-release increment but the various
"how to make a release" writeups don't reflect that.
I think its safe to say there was no particular agreement there and that
most maintainers prefer to commit the updates to the .po files. I
certainly do anyway.
Its becoming more and more common for people other than the maintainers
of modules to be making releases. I'd love to see a better writeup of
everything involved and some sort of co-ordination where we have a group
of people who are willing to do releases and that maintainers can defer
the responsibility of making releases to them.

[quoting Jeff (in response to the last above quote):]
Agree - can someone put this idea out into the real world?

[end quoting]

I'm not sure what else I can do other than add the link you suggested,
mention the post-release increment, and mention the .po problem that
doesn't have a set solution, but I'm willing to do that and then post to
d-d-l to get further comments and to make people aware of the release
team for_maintainers page.

Elijah