Re: Deferencing type-punned pointers, and how to stop gcc giving you a warning

Hi Chris,

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 18:59 +1000, Chris Sherlock wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking at a few warnings that gcc have been spitting out at
> me lately about "Derefencing type-punned pointer will break
> strict-aliasing rules".

This is all useful information, but this is not really a good list to
send this information to. The bugsquad list membership is a group of
people working on triaging bugs and managing our bugzilla, etc. It is
not a developer list.

It would be very useful if you could repost this to the gnome-hackers
mailing list (and possibly gnome-devel, also) -- that is where it will
reach the most relevant audience and should spark some discussion.

Cheers,
Malcolm