Triage guide...

As aes suggested, I'm going to try to merge the current triage guide
with an extended one that I made
(www.math.utah.edu/~newren/howto-triage/).  However, I still haven't
gotten a whole lot of feedback on that guide.  I'm wondering if it's
because people don't like the overall one that I have (even if they
might like certain parts) and don't want to offend me.  Chickens.  I'm
only going to be offended if you tell me that my idea of making triage
examples are worthless (they're the main reason I wrote that page; and
I'm betting you won't say this since aes and aldug already told me they
liked them--or at least the idea of them), the other stuff I don't care
as much about.

Here's one area where I'm starting to think that my triage guide sucks.
The majority of the people that decide to help out have at least some
kind of programming experience.  These people are definitely the most
able to help, yet my guide, since it was geared more towards people
without programming ability or computer knowledge, may turn them off
with the level of detail it has.  I was thinking of throwing almost all
of my extra stuff into a well organized FAQ and then adding "(See also
FAQ B-13)" or "(See also FAQs #2 and #8)" throughout a streamlined
simplified guide.  [Of course, some FAQs wouldn't be referenced and are
simply in the FAQ for more information].  This would also make it really
easy for us to answer people's questions on IRC ("Look at FAQ C-2").

Does this sound reasonable?  Other pointers/ideas/suggestions/gripes?

Also, sublime brought up on IRC today that an
extended/re-written/something'ed guide to cvs might be useful.  Does
that sound reasonable?  Does it even belong in the bugsquad pages, or
would it belong elsewhere on gnome?  [In either event, I'll probably
defer any writing of such a guide to someone else...]

Elijah

Elijah Newren
Internet: http://www.math.utah.edu/~newren   newren math utah edu
Tired of pop-up webpages when surfing the internet?  Look at
   http://www.math.utah.edu/~newren/noPopUps.html
for how to get rid of them without spending a penny.