Re: bug 111949 -- reopen or ask for more info?

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 19:57, Elijah P Newren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bug 111949 was reported by a gentoo user, with a stack trace.  After he
> was asked the optimzation level, he responded that he got the same crash
> with -O2 as well.  Should I ask him to submit another stack trace using
> the -O2 optimization level (campd said that it's possible the stack
> traces could be different during his short time in #bugs), or reopen the
> bug and let the maintainer decide if a better stack trace is needed?
>
> Elijah

If you've got a user who gets kicks from recompiling software (urm...
Gentoo users), it's worth trying to get a trace with no optimisation.
The traces can be much better.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"A freudian slip is when you say one thing but you mean your mother." -- unknown