Re: [Fwd: Re: Apache switching to Scarab]

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 15:41, Luis Villa wrote:
> The end of this (discussing the code modularity of bugzilla 2.17.4)
> makes me think that maybe we should skip 2.16 and go directly to 2.17-
> sounds like it might make some of the bug-buddy stuff much easier.
> Anyway... just a random morning thought. :)
>
> Luis

/me attacks Luis with a large trout. With big, nasty teeth :-)

Don't forget that bugzilla-new currently has working [1] bug-buddy
import support. 2.17 has some great features, but it's a moving target;
2.16 has working code in our CVS and could even be ready for mainstream
testing soon [2]. I don't think we should regress all that work and
start a brand new port. Yet.

^^ If a bug is read-only, bug-buddy import isn't massively helped by
code modularity yet?

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org> [3]

The lighting designer is expected to be a master of art, science,
history, psychology, communications, politics and sometimes even
mind reading. -- Stage Lighting Design 101

[1] The unknown bugzilla gnome org stuff isn't in there yet. But
I don't actually expect it to be dramatically different to 2.10.

[2] This assumes I, or other people, have time to actually get it
working. But the timescale to getting 2.16 working is dramatically
shorter than staring a whole new 2.17 port.

[3] Who is going on holiday tomorrow, so probably won't see the end of
this thread.