Re: bug-buddy branched

Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 04:47:07PM +0100, Jeroen Zwartepoorte escribió:

>On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 16:27, Fernando Herrera wrote:
>>  * Submit bug via plugins and specifically for gnome, directly in xml
>>    via http post
>
>I assume you're talking about some sort of Web Service here (SOAP very
>likely).
>
>Is this possible with the current bugzilla architecture/server? It would
>be really cool if it were. Then you'd have a common/generic/easy way for
>applications to access/query/modify bugzilla (like what Amazon did for
>their own product database, and Google for their search engine).

	No, SOAP in bugzilla will be really cool, but this would be
bugzilla development, and this is another story :)

	My idea for bug-buddy was to write the bug in xml, send it to a
mini cgi that read this xml and send it to import.xml

	Sending the bug info via http is the only solution that I see
for the current mail problem: we cannot spawn an external mailer with a
long body (stack traces are long) because the unix command line
limitation. We cannot run a mailer with a pre-written file (maybe I
heard something about evolution?). So we finally are using sendmail,
but lot of desktop systems does not have a working sendmail (ssl stuff
is difficutl to set up, and they are using mozilla or evo for smtp).

	In the other hand, a good point of using http is that we can
requiere the user to have a valid bugzilla account... do we want this?

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas