Re: Bugdays?

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 00:08, Elijah P Newren wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 15:54, Gerardo Marin wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > Not sure if this is the best place to ask:
> > I'm wondering if GNOME bug team is still doing bugdays and if you have a
> > schedule for them.
>
> Well, uh, we're sort of lazy and so we haven't been announcing them.
> They do occur every Thursday, though, as mentioned here:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/triage/faq.html#II
>
> See answer 3 in that section for more about us being lazy.  :)

The thing is, to all intents and purposes bugdays are "pathetic" if we
forget to announce them. To announce them really needs:

1) A bughunter to be available for most of the time that we run it
2) That bughunter to remember to announce it

Where we forget, we forget.

> > We at the Evolution team are trying to restart them after a long while
> > and would like to match GNOME bugdays.
>
> If you want to run an Evo bug day as part of GNOME bug days that'd be
> great.  When we announce the bug days we can mention that Evo people
> will be around to help specifically with triaging of evolution bugs.  In
> fact, since we occasionally have specific topics for bug days, we could
> even devote some of the bug days specifically to Evolution.

Which has been done in the past. You know, we have a serious shortage of
bughunters. I'm just considering the ramifications of evo from a
bugsquad perspective; size-wise, it's another nautilus. Big.

Hrmmm,

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>