Re: call for collaborators: bug isolation via remote program sampling

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 15:31, Ben Liblit wrote:
> Elijah P Newren wrote:
> > This sounds more like garnome ( garnome-list gnome org; see also
> > www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome for a quick overview of what the garnome
> > project is) than the gnome-bugsquad (garnome distributes many
> > development versions of Gnome [as source; not as binaries], whereas the
> > bugsquad is more involved in keeping bugzilla sane).
>
> {nod}
>
> I figured that <gnome-bugsquad> would also be a hangout for any GNOME QA
> people who might decide to take this on.  I really do want to find
> someone who is distributing binaries, simply because that makes the
> marketing problem easier on my part.  If everyone is compiling their

Pretty much nobody is actually distributing binaries of BETA gnome
software.

> own, I need to convince each person individually to download and use our
> instrumentor.  If binaries come from some central place, I just need to
> convince that one person (plus an explicit opt-in dialog for end users).

Not necessarily.  Garnome is an 'almost binary' distribution of GNOME.
You could probably add support for your stuff to it easily.  I think
just one package to download your instrumentor, and then one config
change to point to that instead of the compiler (IIRC, garnome has a
central switch for which compiler to use).
	Greg
[snip]