RE: [Fwd: Accessibility bugs status]

Trimming CC list, so that I only get three or four copies of this

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 05:32, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Calum Benson [mailto:calum benson sun com]
> > On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 08:12, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> >
> > > Aldug (Alex Duggan, CCed) put the latest iteration of this
> > together, but I
> > > think it's quite simple. I _think_ this is the script, in
> > the bugzilla
> > > module in gnome's cvs:
> > > http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/bugzilla/gnome-report.cgi#184
> > > (I've linked directly to a relevant part)
> >
> > D'oh, of course I should've looked in cvs, never noticed there was a
> > bugzilla module there before!
>
> We shouldn't really need it, but we are effectively maintaining a fork of
> bugzilla until someone has the resources to install/transfer-data-to a newer
> customizable version.

This isn't entirely correct.  Even if our bugzilla install was
"pristine" from the upstream sources, we would still want to have our
copy of bugzilla in CVS, so that we can track the things that we've
added that aren't part of bugzilla (like the gnome*-report stuff).  The
plan is to still maintain a 'fork' of bugzilla even after we move to a
newer version of bugzilla, the change set will simply be much smaller.

> I think you still need a bugmaster to check the changed files out manually.

Right, bugzilla does -not- auto-update from CVS.
	Greg