Re: Blacklisting of email addresses?

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 11:38, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 01:23, Elijah P Newren wrote:
> > Unusual subject, I know.  Here's what I just found:
> >
> > semprecantabile hotmail com has filed 13 bug reports on bugzilla --
> > 81567, 81882, 82172, 82338, 87359, 90515, 90614, 92088, 93957, 94544,
> > 97818, 97819, and 97820.  Each and every one of those consist entirely
> > of the description "bug report".  The first couple were responded to
> > months before the last several were filed and each response included
> > varying amounts of information about how to provide a better bug
> > report.  It's pretty clear that this person simply wants to waste our
> > time.  Should we simply keep marking these as
> > incomple/invalid/notabug/needinfo/duplicates, or can something else
> > be done?
> >

> The amount of time that they're wasting is minimal, and I would fight
> very hard against blacklisting email addresses unless it's high volume /
> automatic / intentional spamming. I think they just don't realise how
> useless the bug report is.

I tend to agree with Andrew. I can see cases where this would be useful,
but this isn't the case.

FWIW, newer versions of bug-buddy will refuse to accept a bug report of
this type, and at some point in the not too far off future (post-2.2 or
2.4) we'll just start blacklisting /all/ pre-2.0 bug-buddy reports with
a very polite error.