Prioritiy for UI issues?

This is meant as a discussion starter.
(This is not a flame about deprioritizing bugs I've opened.)

Many times I have opened bugs on usability issues. These are usually
things that I, as an experienced computer user, was unable to figure out
without asking someone. These bugs are always marked as "enhancements".

My question: Is there such thing as a "normal", "major", or worse UI bug
where the program works as intended but that intention is usable only to
the person who designed it?

I think the answer is yes, but I have no idea how that can be decided.
In my limited experience designing UIs, it is the designer who is least
capable of being objective about the interface, yet in bugzilla, it is
usually the maintainer who gets to decide what severity a bug is.

Any thoughts?

--Ben FrantzDale