so, nautilus...

I've talked some with Dave and Alex, and they're OK with us going
through and evaluating and/or closing nautilus bugs to our heart's
content.

So... I'd like to propose the following plan of attack over the next
week:

1: focus on unconfirmed. Nautilus has 160 unconfirmed bugs, the majority
filed during the eazel days. We should seek to confirm or close all of
these. During that process, we should mark them appropriate as
enhancement/normal/etc. [I'm guessing few will truly be major unless
there are dups around.][Baseline for confirmation/close will be the
2.0.x release; if it's only in 1.4 we can close it.]

2. after that, focus on non-enhancement old bugs-
http://makeashorterlink.com/?O13E22A42
316 non-enhancement bugs that were filed against presumably very old
versions of nautilus. Many of those are probably either fixed or no
longer relevant, given the porting, rewriting, and UI changes that have
taken place in nautilus in the year (at least) since these bugs were
filed.

At this point, we'll have looked at just under 500 bugs. I'd be very
surprised if at least 50% of these can't be closed immediately. That
would drop the total number of nautilus bugs by something like 20%- a
huge help for the nautilus maintainers. If successful, we'll probably
look at doing it again next week and during the week.

Anyway, hope this makes sense-