Re: adding XMLSEC project to GNOME Bugzilla

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 10:31:32AM -0700 or thereabouts, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> Hi, All!
>
> I am workking on XML Security Library (http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec)
> and recently it was added to GNOME CVS tree. I would also like to add
> my project to GNOME Bugzilla because I need a way to track bugs somehow.
> I would appricate if someone can help me with it.

Okay. The "how to get your project into bugzilla" rundown:

(a) Have a bugzilla account :)
(b) mail bugmaster gnome org with this information:

* name of product (that will be xmlsec, I expect).
* description of product: this needs to make sense to users, because it
will show up in bugzilla and in bug-buddy, where they are trying to
pick the right package. A line or so is fine: "security library for
XML" for example. (I am guessing here :))
* name of components within that product. We like "general", "docs", and
then whatever makes sense within the package: if there are separate
programs in it, then those could be components; or if there is a front-end
and a back-end, then it might make sense to divide it like that.
* one-liner descriptions of the components (again, these show up in
bug-buddy)
* the 'owner' for each component. If it's you for them all, that's
easy :) The owner must have a bugzilla account.
* versions of product. It's common to have  "unspecified" in addition
to release names. Unfortunately, lots of people will just pick unspecified
if it's there :) However, this is better than them picking the latest
version when they're using something ancient: especially if the bug
they are reporting has been fixed in the latest!

Um. I think that's it.

bugmaster gnome org is an alias for a bunch of people who can add
stuff to bugzilla. I rather suspect we're all on the bugsqaud list,
too, but bugmaster is still the best place to send all this stuff.

Telsa