Re: panel crashes on login

hi all,

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 02:41, Luis Villa wrote:
> > Not to be throwing blame around here, but I'm suspicious that Ximian is
> > a factor in this. Can we try categorizing crashes with Ximian GNOME and
> > see if we find something? Also checking their SRPMs would be a good
> > idea.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, we don't patch gnome-term at all, nor have
> we seen extensive reports of this. OTOH, RH patches gnome-term
> extensively before shipping. This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but
> it makes it quite unlikely.

Do you patch the panel? We are talking about panel, not gnome-term at
this point.

When I get some time I am going to build a stock RH 7.2 box myself, and
see what exactly happens that their gnome panel crashes on first login.

Also, the new reports I saw for the 1.4.0.6 panel crashing on login were
from very recent versions of SUSE and Mandrake. It may be that they are
shipping with these versions, or offering updates with them.

thanks,
wayne