Re: severity changes post-release

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 12:44, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> > won't making these changes make upgrading bugzilla harder?
>
> <rant> Gar!  We shouldn't even be taking this into serious
> consideration.  If changing something in our local install makes
> bugzilla more usable, change it.  If it makes the upgrade harder, oh
> well, it's harder.  It's going to be very much worthwhile long-term,
> since the data in bugzilla will be more useful with these changes than
> without. </rant>

As I answered, this doesn't change the upgradibility[sp?], so in this
case, it is a red herring.

But in the general case, this is an important consideration. The
usefulness leaps of getting 2.16 installed will be so big that anything
we do to delay 2.16 in the name of utility now is extremely shortsighted
and silly, and I /will/ continue to bitch loudly if that is the case.

On the positive side... I've seen the light :) davef is plugging away,
and I've seen 2.16 with our data in it. Very, very nice :)