Re: Bugtable: Feedback required

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 16:27, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> Tell me what you think of this as a first draft:
>
> http://www.penguins-of-fire.co.uk/test-bugtable.html
>
> Note that half of it is fake, it's the layout we're talking about.

It's a good layout if there are only 4-5 stats we want to present. There
might be more- i'm completely unsure. Offhand:

Total # 'open' bugs (maybe including needinfo?)
% NEEDINFO [maybe 'and more than one month old'?]
% UNCONFIRMED
% not triaged

maybes-
% without a valid version number? [if we can figure out a robust
algorithm for this]

Hrm... that's all I can really think of offhand. Seems fairly
straightforward, and seems like a small enough number that we can use
your table layout, Andrew. Thanks. Maybe I'll find some time to
implement a first cut tomorrow.

Other random thoughts- how do we deal with components in the table?
Like, having a giant whopping 'nautilus' entry seems... painful. Ditto
for applets or utils.

Oh and random brainstorm- maybe the solution for the need for a 'triage'
keyword is to have an UNTRIAGED priority, that things would default to,
and then we just keep an eye on the field? [It'd then be fairly easy to
have an 'UNTRIAGED' stat in the bug table.] Just a thought...